Monday, September 20, 2010

A Fresh Start

I haven't been on here in a while. I tried to change something, and then lost my 101 list and was frustrated so I quit. But my doctor put me on Metformin, a diabetic drug that does numerous things. The main reason for this was it is the only medical thing she can do to help me lose weight short of gastric bypass surgery (which is not an option right now.) With this medicine, the best way to make it work is a low carb/low sugar diet. When a friend offered to help me, I sent her the following.

"I need the help. I am not bitter or worried, just afraid to fail. I just don't know how to cook. Today for dinner we had macaroni and cheese, steak and asparagus. I always do a carb with meals. my favorite lunch is ramen noodles and if I eat breakfast it is usually dinner leftovers. I have a terrible diet. I can't make it through the day without my coffee and soda. I need a complete overhaul and when I look at the big picture I give up. I don't even know how to start. I guess an accountability partner would be a good thing"

I recently read another post that said when you begin something tell everyone so that they all hold you accountable, because it is more embarassing to fail in front of your friends and random strangers. So I am telling everyone. I don't know where I'm going to start, I don't know what how I'm going to do this. but I do know that with God everything is possible, and like my friend said, he didn't design me to be unhealthy or unfit, and with prayer God will give me the strength to change things. Any advice is welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm proud of you for taking on the task and doing something wonderful for yourself! My only advice would be to only buy what you should eat. If it's not in the house, then you can't have it! When I go shopping I try to have a prepared meal plan and sometimes, if I pick up something unhealthy, I'll ask...what would be the better choice? And I'll go pick out an extra vegetable or a salad. Little changes will make a big difference in your diet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!